A simple misunderstanding can be disastrous. Or hilarious. It all depends on the context.
Few things are as entertaining as the kinds of misunderstandings kids make when trying to make sense of the adult world. Here are some genuinely funny examples of childhood misunderstandings, courtesy of Buzzfeed:
- “As a child I thought the deer crossing signs on the interstate meant that the deer would cross at exactly that location. I thought it was nice that people put up signs telling the deer where to cross the street.”
- “My kid asked how childproof caps know whether it’s a child’s or an adult’s hand that’s trying to open it.”
- “My son thinks ‘potty train’ is an actual train. He really wants to find that potty train.”
- “When my kid asked where babies come from I told her that two people fall in love and then do adult things together. She said, ‘Oh! Like bungee jumping!'”
- “My five-year-old confuses germs with Germans. So when anyone gets sick he says, ‘You must have Germans inside you.'”
Ah, to be a kid again.
Unfortunately, misunderstandings in business rarely have the same carefree feel. If you don’t know what a managed services partner provides, for example, there’s a good chance you haven’t given much thought to finding one. That’s a shame, because the payoffs are big.
Let’s explore what “managed services” mean for you as a business owner.
1. Managed services means no-hassle maintenance.
Even if your operation is relatively small, it’s serious work to maintain an IT network. Managed services providers turn the otherwise overwhelming task of routine maintenance into a no-hassle cakewalk. You don’t have to do a thing.
Your managed services partner will take care of updates, upgrades and every other component of regular maintenance. You get the benefit of a responsive, up-to-date network without the chore of tending to it yourself.
2. Managed services means fast response times.
Even with regular maintenance, things will go wrong from time to time. The printer will stop printing for no reason at all. Someone’s copy of Windows just won’t update. The email server will go down.
When those things happen, your managed services provider is there, ready to jump in and solve the problem for you. That way, you can focus on continuing to grow your business. Let the folks with serious industry expertise put out the occasional fire.
3. Managed services means proactive protection and support.
Of course, it’s better if there aren’t fires to put out in the first place. That’s why managed services providers are all about proactive support.
A solid managed services partner will monitor your network 24/7, looking for potential problems before they slow you down. Often, network issues come with warning signs. If you know what to look for, you can avoid a lot of technical hangups well before they interfere with your business processes. Talk about convenient.
4. Managed services means reliable up-time.
All that proactive maintenance means you’ll suffer through less downtime. A single hour of downtime costs the average SMB as much as $8,600. That’s an immediate hit to your ROI . . . and it’s deadtime. You’re losing money and you can do anything to make money. Not good.
Managed services providers help you avoid this nightmare by keeping your network up as much as possible. That creates a more efficient work environment, makes your staff happy, means better customer service for your clients, and ultimately translates to profitability.
5. Managed services means peace of mind.
Finally, managed services providers give you peace of mind. When your network is up, stable, reliable and efficient, that’s one less thing for you to worry about. That frees you to focus 100% on the stuff that really matters to you. Things like growing your business and cultivating a healthy sense of work/life balance.
Granted, peace of mind may not tie directly to your bottom line, but it’s still invaluable.
Managed services with PCX Technologies.
The argument for managed services is pretty compelling. Still, picking the right managed services provider is a daunting task.
The PCX team wants you to know that we’re serious about our commitment to our clients. We really do want to see you succeed. We have the expertise to keep your network in top shape, and we have an authentic desire to help you grow.
If you’re looking for a managed services partner, give us a call.